Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

ID Tag Finish Product - Creative Manufacturing

This is the last day of our project in Creative Manufacturing. I have finished making the edges and the surface of my aluminium smoother using a file and sandpaper. For this lesson, I just have to polish it and to stamp it using a nail punch, after that, I'll be done.

This is my friends and I's ID Tags. As you can see, there is a lot of improvement in our aluminium. Mine is in the middle, the top one is Janel's, she's polished her that's why hers is a little bit shiny.
Rieya's one is at the bottom. Our ID Tag, have different designs and words that we are going to be putting it.

I need to polish my aluminium thoroughly because there's a lot of scratches due to the sandpaper.


This is the final product

The lighting was really bad so I apologise if it came out like this (a bit dark) 
The one that has "MUM" in it was Rieya's mine was the "SA" (my initials)

Conclusion: I am satisfied with the finished product of my ID Tag but it could've looked better, the scratches were still visible. I really worked hard on this project, I spent a lot of time and my effort trying to make this look really good and practically useful. 

Something I dislike: To be honest, the people in my class works really slow, they take so long to polish their aluminium, it should only take around 2 minutes but they took 7 minutes and they take turns even though one hasn't finished and they were also chatting a lot.

Tools/Machine:

To polish the aluminium to make it shiny and remove the scratches, I used the "Buffing Machine".


Since we didn't have gloves, we used "Pliers" to hold the aluminium in place while polishing it on the buffing machine. 


To protect our face, we wore safe helmets while a face shield on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about