Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Creative Manufacturing - Personal ID Tag

After finishing my "Digital ID Tag", I had to make another one.  There are two choices, a "Personal ID" Tag or a "Maori Jewelry". I decided to make another ID Tag that is dedicated to my country, the Philippines. I got my inspiration from the Philippine Flag which has a lot of meaning to it.

Here are two videos of my creation; the process.

Part 1

Part 2


In the steps, we're going to repeat the same process of shaping the ID Tag.

1. On the shape icon, click the "box" shape then put it on the work mat.

2. Adjust the size, the width has to be 20 and the length has to be 45 long, the height and the radius have to be 5. Change the colour to grey to represent the aluminium's colour.

3. Click the cylinder shape then the length and width have to be 5 including the height.

4. Make sure it's changed to a "hole" instead of a "colour", in order to make a hole on the aluminium/shape, put the cylinder in the shape, select the two shapes together then click the button that connects shapes together, and it will make a hole, put it at the centre of the aluminium. 

5. Click the cylinder shape, this time it has to be in colour mode. Adjust the size, it has to be -4.00 and 35mm small. Make sure it's colour yellow and it has to be 1mm thin.

6. Click the star shape, the colour has to be yellow. Make sure it's as thin as the yellow circle. It has to be 22.00 and 23.00 mm. Duplicate it and rotate it to 109 degrees. Put two stars together with the circle shape in the centre of the two stars. since the circle was too big, change the size to -1.00 - -1.00 mm. 

7. Connect the three shapes together then change the size to 13.00mm and 12.00mm. Put it on the aluminium Id tag. 

8. Click the star shape that has textures it will look like a 4D star. Change the colour to yellow. It has to be 5.00mm on each side then change the height to 1mm. Duplicate it two times and you'll have 3 yellow stars. 

9. Put them all together on the aluminium id tag. 


The finished product.


Like I said on my introduction, this design on my id tag is dedicated to my country's flag, the Philippines.

The shapes have a deeper meaning in the flag. 

The sun represents liberty. 
The 8 rays of the sun represent the first 8 provinces - Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Laguna, Nueva Ecija and Batangas - that revolted against Spain. 
(The rays I have put isn't actually eight because I didn't know how to get rid of the triangles) 
The 3 stars stand for the three big islands in the Philippines, Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.


Why the Philippine flag? 
I chose the Philippine flag as an inspiration for my project because I want to represent my culture to people by making this project and to show that I am proud to be a Filipino. To inspire people to also be proud with who they are, regardless of their skin, culture, race and beliefs. 

My Design Process 


Research - The problem
I think the problem would mostly because of the shape; the stars and the sun due to its colour, yellow. I don't know if the 3D printer will be able to print it but I do hope that it will since it's a 3D printer. 

Imagine - Possible solutions to the problem:
I think I'll just maybe paint it
Use coloured pens
Use coloured paper

Plan - Selecting a promising solution:
I think the best solution to the problem if it did happen is to paint the shapes that I need to paint. 

Create - Making a prototype:


Test - Testing and evaluating the prototype: 
I don't think there will be much time to actually print it in a 3d printer because today is the last day 
of school for this term and next semester, I don't have Creative Manufacturing anymore. 

Improve - Making your design better and redesigning if needed: 
I think what I need to improve on my design is to make sure the rays of the sun is accurate, the same as the rays of the sun in the Philippine flag. 

Ask - Identify the need and constraints: 
I've asked feedback from people in my class, they said it's good and there's nothing to change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about