Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

What do you think about the money I've created? - BST

As you all probably may know, all schools in New Zealand is in lockdown due to coronavirus but we still have work to do. For business studies, we have to make our own money and it has to have the 8 characteristics of a good currency.

  • Generally accepted
  • Durable
  • Divisible
  • Stable
  • Transportable
  • Scarce
  • Easily recognisable
  • Difficult to counterfeit





This money is made out of polymer, they do not decompose in water which makes this banknote durable, strong, transportable and long-lasting.
There are serial numbers which make this money difficult to counterfeit.
It will be generally accepted because it's stated that it's legal tender and the amount of money.
5 $10 makes $50 so that makes it divisible.
It's easily recognisable because there's not much going on in this banknote the designs are very simple, I've drawn the prime minister of New Zealand, the bird Riroriro, and a place in New Zealand, Queenstown.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Skyler,
    What a great blog post this is. I like the way that you have clearly explained your design and taught me something in the process, ka pai!
    I notice on our bank notes there is also a clear part that has an image in it? Why do they do that and what is that made out of?
    What made you pick Jacinda Ardern? Was it just because she is the current PM?
    Sorry I have a lot of questions... just because I am interested!
    - Miss Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ms Morgan

    Thank you for reading my blogpost, that's actually a good question, I looked it up online but unfortunately I couldn't find what it was.
    Yes, one of the reason was because she's the prime minister, it's also because she's a great leader, I've recently watched her lives on Facebook about the virus and I was amazed by how she calmly and confidently answered the questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Skyler,
      I had a quick look and found this site? http://banknoteinfo.net/security-features/windows-banknotes/ maybe you could copy and paste it to find the answers to the questions I was asking!
      I agree, she has had to deal with a range of complex national issues during her term and she has done a fantastic job. I'm impressed she also has a bear in her window for 'The Great New Zealand Bear Hunt', what a trooper!
      - Miss Morgan

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about