Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Mindfulness Wellbeing - Term 1

What is "Mindfulness?" and how is it helpful?

Mindfulness is where you can choose which activity you want to do to keep yourself calm, relaxed and think about how you're feeling at the moment, thinking about the goals you want to achieve.

It helps our mental and emotional health knows as "Taha Hinengaro" stable, it helps as to relieve stress, relax our breathing and it keeps our brain healthy.



My thoughts:

I think that mindfulness is helpful because it gets rid of the stress I'm feeling or just to calm me down for a short amount of time. It's also a very good way to start your day, it can stop your brain from overthinking, you don't need equipment to do it, even when you're just lying down staring at the ceiling, that's mindfulness because it helps your body to relax, it also means that you're safe from anything that could potentially harm you.



What is a Red and Green Brain?

Earlier, our teacher talked about two parts of the brain, the green and red brain. The green brain is when your body and mind are calm and you're safe.
 The red brain is when you're in flight or fight,  flight is when you're going to run away from the problem to keep you away from a dangerous situation or to keep yourself safe. 
Fight mode is you're going to fight back and face the situation.



What am I feeling right now?

At the moment, I'm feeling okay, earlier I was kinda sleepy because I was listening to sad songs, I know sad songs suppose to make you sad but it made me sleepy. I think it's because the classroom was really quiet and everyone was focused on their tasks, doing what they're supposed to do, putting their mind to it.


(Additional Information)

Ways to relax:

  1. Breathe in and out
  2. Eat your favourite foods
  3. Meditate
  4. Connect with nature
  5. Some alone time
  6. Get some sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about