Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

My Own Mandatory Sign - Creative Manufacturing

Last week, we started making our own signs that would be good in the workshop, signs that haven't been made that was put in the workshop. We looked around the workshops to find ideas for the signs and drew them on a paper. The signs could either be a Mandatory Sign, Prohibitive Sign or a Hazard Sign.


I chose a Mandatory Sign for mine. Not only guys work in the workshops, but girls also work there as well, and since girls work in workshops, I decided to make a sign that says "You must tie your hair up". If girls caught their hair in the machines, of course, you know what's going to happen after that, your hair will be pulled or sucked into the machines. We had to make the signs digitally to post on our blog.


This is the sign that I made digitally. I used Google Drawing, I used shapes to make the blue circle and the blue rectangle, Mandatory Signs are blue (I talked about it on my previous post called "Signs and Hazards") I used word art for the words, I found the photo of the girl online, the colour before was black but I changed the format to make it colour white.


I'm really excited because we're going to be making them (the signs) next lesson.
It's been fun doing blogposts and creating our own signs because we used our imaginations and knowledge with signs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Skyler, you have put in alot of information into these in details which I like about your post. I also like the Mandatory sign you made, it would have been good to put a photo of your drawing onto your blog because you are very talented in drawing.

    You have put your writing in paragraphs which is also great so people will be able to read easily. I can tell you have put great effort onto your blog and that's good. Keep up the great work Skyler and enjoy your weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Skyler,
    Tai here, Great blog I like how you added in lots of information Explaining why you are making this sign and why it might be needed, I also like how you explained why we are making safety sign, I also Like how you explained what the meaning of the sign is. Overall Great job keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about