Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Badminton Competition 🏸

This is a blogpost about the Badminton Competition I was in last Monday and Tuesday. In those two days, we had to get to school really early because we had to leave at 8:30. We versed different year 7 and 8's schools. After we get there we had to get our shoes checked if they had a "non-marking" sole, or a gum soled shoes since it's a high-quality badminton centre. The competition was held in
"Zhu Badminton Centre". 









Some of us had their own badminton racket and the rest borrowed from the school. I found it really challenging because the opponents were really skilled, well trained and really good. On Monday, I don't think I did well, I don't think that did my 100% best, I was really nervous because I didn't know how the other schools play. 


Each of us had turns umpiring the game, there was this tall chair for umpiring. The next day, I woke up and my body was aching. It's normal since it was a sport and we had to move a lot and we competed for the whole day. I guess I kind of like having a rest from school. 

Tuesday, I gave my 100% best, I thought that I needed to work harder, for me, my team and school. I realised that that wasn't good enough, I realised that I can play better than I did on Monday, and I did. Tuesday was our last day as well, they also gave out prizes, the girl's team placed 1st, the boy's team had a draw and the mixed, team I was in, got 3rd place. I was satisfied with the score my team got but it'd be better if we place 1st. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Skyler!

    WOW! You must be tired of that. But I really like enjoy reading your blog post. Sometimes when me and my family go to some friends, we past that centre. It's alright, if you got 3rd place at least you know what you need to improve. Just try your personal best. Maybe try to put some of the full stop in one of the sentences.

    What was the prize? Did you get a prize? Did each one of you get a prize in your team?

    I hope to see a reply!

    Kind Regards,
    Celine:)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about