Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Hurumanu - P.E - Pancake Wars

My first blog on term 4, for P.E, we were introduced to a game that seniors in our school pay for physical education. It's called "Pancake Wars" the rules are pretty complicated but once you play it, it's pretty easy and you'll get the hang of it. 

This blogpost is about how we think we did if we did well or not. Each of us rated out selves and explained why we rate gave it that rating, what was challenging in the game and how we overcome the challenge. 

 Working as a Team

Level 1
Below the Level
Level 2
Working Towards the Level
Level 3
Working at the Level
Level 4
Exceeding the Level
I have a negative influence on the team. 
The teacher has reminded me to get involved.
I get into arguments, and sometimes use nasty words.
I sometimes cheat.  
I sometimes make a contribution to the team goal. 
I sometimes need the teacher or my team mates to remind me to join in or try harder.  
I try to use positive words and actions to encourage my team, but I find it hard. 
I always make a contribution to the team goal.
I include myself in the team activity, and I include others. 
I sometimes use positive words and actions to encourage my team. 
I am a leader in making a contribution to the team goal. 
I make sure I include everyone in what’s going on. 
I am always encouraging, and my positive words and actions lift my team’s performance.   

Blog Reflection 

The team game we played was:  Pancake Wars 

For this activity, I rate myself (circle one) 1 2 3 4

I gave myself this rating because (describe something that happened that supports the rating you gave yourself).  

I think that I did pretty well playing Pancake Wars, especially with the contribution I did in my team. I also communicated with my team a lot like planning out how we’re going to bail out people in our team, as well as encouraging people. 

What was something that was challenging about today’s activity? (in relation to teamwork)

The part I think was challenging was, there were people guarding the jail, to be more specific, they’re guarding the people in our team, ready to tag the people who are going to bail our other teammates. Also, there are people who are trying to get in our area, trying to steal the pancakes so it’s really difficult to guard and bail people out at the same time.

How did I overcome this challenge?

I focused on one thing at a time. Other people in my team who are trying ot bail people out of jail and I planned a strategy we could use. Some of them will distract the people guarding while we try to bail the people out in jail and linked arms with them. Another strategy is when the people guarding are distracted or not looking, we sneak and quickly bail the people out.

I also watch out for the other team when they’re trying to get in our area and if they are in our area, we try to tag them. It’s not just being competitive, who gets the most pancakes, we have fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about