Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

English: Sensory Language - The Chocolate Cake

In our lesson during English, we continued doing tasks regarding creative writing. In my previous post, I explained the 3 Language Features that were unfamiliar to me, I explained its definition, I gave an example and how it affects a person's writing, how it's important in a story. 

Now, we're going to be learning about "Sensory Language" used in writings and stories. So what is "Sensory Language?" and what are the examples? 

Sensory language is adjectives for our 5 senses which are our hearing senses, taste, touch, smell and see. It effectively used in writings as it enhances it and gives a description of a certain noun. It helps the reader to imagine and visualise a scene in a text. 

This is the work I made using Canva as well as an example of what Sensory Language is. 

I have now understood the purpose and effects of using sensory language in a writing. This will help me in the future with essays, writings, stories or maybe even career. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about