Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Hurumanu - Science - My Investigation; Carbon Footprint & Ecological Footprint



My Investigation
  1. Aim: To look at how I can prevent climate change in the future.

    1. Complete the activity 'Ecological Handprint'.


    2. Complete the activity 'Carbon Footprint'.

    3. Write down your 10 changes to climate change below. Using ideas from the Ecological Hand print and Carbon Footprint list 10 changes that you can make to stop Climate change?

    1. I need to check the labels when buying food; for example, go to the butcher when buying meat. And try to buy local foods.
    2. Repair things that can still be repaired and used than throwing them out.
    3. When I see rubbish lying around, throw them away. 
    4. Grow foods so I don't have to buy, so I can eat the food that I grow.
    5. Plant more.
    6. Talk to parents and friends about protecting the environment and the changed we can do.
    7.  Conserve energy and turning off the appliances that aren't needed.
    8.  I need to compost and recycle more instead of throwing them.
    9.  I need to be more considerate of the environment when buying.
    10.  Walk to the mall instead of riding a vehicle.

    The Years of Living Dangerously (Film, 59 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about