Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Do your best! Athletics Day!

Yesterday was Athletics day, first thing we did was sprints, I was so happy when I got 3rd place. It didn't matter what place you got at least you finish.  I got to the girls finals, all of the competitor were fast, I think I got 5th place in the last round of sprints.  After that we went to eat our morning tea, a couple of minutes later, it was time to do the rest of the sports.  First we did long jump, it was fun!, I still don't know what place I got, probably like 4th place? or 3rd?, I don't know.

After the long jump we had to rest to the rest area, next thing we did was shot put, and I don't know what place I got, I think I wasn't in the top 3, but that's okay.
After the shot put we rest and ready for the next one. The next one was long distance, we had to do 4 laps of the field, I think I got 7th or 8th or 9th place. Ms. Lee had to put dots on our hands so we know how many laps we did, so no one can cheat.

After that we headed to the rest area, I was so puffed after the long distance, I thought I was going to faint.  When we were resting, a bad thing happened, I broke my hat, dun, dun, dun!. After that we did discus throw, I really liked it though, and I wasn't in the top 3, I don't really mind not being top 3.
It was time to do the last thing, we did high jump, before that we had to let the year 6 boys finished, one of the people who got through the finals was really good!. One of them almost injure his leg, he cried, that was painful, and then it was our turn, I kept on trying and trying until I gave up, it was too high for me.  We finished Athletics day and we get to eat our lunch, the Athletics made me hungry, yummy!!!. And it was time to go home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Skyler,

    Happy New Year! I am Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team 2017-2018. I will be blogging with you this summer! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your friends and your family!

    It seems like you had a lot of fun on the athletics day, I hope you didn't get injured like the boy who got hurt, ouch! I liked 100m sprints and long jump because I think those two are the easiest, but I didn't like high jump because I was scared that I would land on the bar and get myself injured! Luckily, I never got hurt from the high jump and it wasn't as bad as I imagined before I tried. I think it's always good to try rather than not doing it. Don't you think so as well?

    I would love to read more of your blog and comment on them! To help you get started with blogging this summer, I have included the link to our Summer Learning Journey activities list.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    Let's go on the Summer Learning Journey together!

    All the best,

    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about