Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

English Reflection - English

Writing Reflection

What are the things you have learnt? Ever since we started this unit in English, I've learnt a lot of things. Things such as how to make your introduction more powerful and appeal to the readers, how adjectives create better descriptive writing and more detailed. I've adapted other skills such as listening and reading, especially when we read about "The Merchant of Venice" by Shakespeare. 

How is this going to help me improve my writing? The things I've learnt so far in this unit will definitely help improve my English, especially when it comes to useful in the future. This will help me in my listening and reading skills, I can say that I am capable to teach other people the things I've learnt in English. This will also help me to be confident and enhance my self-esteem. Not only that will help it my listening and reading skills, but it also writing and speech. Because being a student, at some point in our lives, we will definitely have to do or make a speech that we will be presenting in front of other people. The things I've learnt in English will help me build up all my knowledge, pass the knowledge on to the next generation and help people that are struggling in this subject. 

What activities have I enjoyed in this unit? Why? I enjoyed every activity in the current English unit. If I had to pick which one, it would be that time when we had to read the page over again though it wasn't from the audio on the computer but from us. I volunteered to voice one of the characters in the story and play the part. I found it enjoyable because I like plays, especially when you play the character itself.

Which style of learning is best for me? The style that fit the best for me when it comes to learning is when everyone is quiet or in a murmuring voice and when nothing is distracting me. Also, a support teacher helps me a lot to be courageous and to work harder. 

What are the obstacles in my learning? If I were to identify which part I had a hard time doing it would be in one of the activities where we had to write a narrative opening using the "Show not Tell" technique. I struggled in that part because I couldn't really understand it fully, I do understand some part but often, it's hard for me to use adjectives and be creative on that one. Finally, I was able to get back on track and manage myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about