Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Maori - Poutini and Waitaiki

Yesterday, in Maori, our teacher told us the story of "Poutini and Waitaiki". The characters were Poutini (that taniwha, the god) Waitaiki, the wife, and tamaahua, the husband. He asked us to choose which character we want to be in the story and rewrite it as the character's point of view/perspective. 

I wrote this yesterday and finished it. This is how I think Waitaiki would've reacted

-Suddenly, my vision went black...

I can hear my heart pounding, my eyes still shut, hearing a familiar sound, I slowly opened my eyes, my breathing became heavy.
Scared and confused, I looked around me, I felt the cold breeze hit my skin, I shivered as I slowly got up. 

The scenery in front of me caused my eyes to gleam, it was beautiful, I closed my eyes as I focused on the sound of waves crashing.
It was a melody to my ears. I then opened my eyes, slowly making my way to the water. Seeing my reflection, I look like a hot mess, I had nothing on, my long hair was covering my whole body. 

Tears flowing down my cheeks as I remembered I had a family to go back to. I looked around the unfamiliar surrounding, where am I? I thought.
I was terrified, my family needs me.

“Waitaki! Watch out!” A familiar voice called my name, I quickly turned around only to be met by a big light coming at me, I screamed, scared for my life. I looked at my hand, it was slowly turning into a dark green stone.

It was over…

My life’s over...

This is the picture of what it looks like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about