Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

CIP - It's Cool To Be Kind- Visit to the Elderly Daycare

Last week on Wednesday, a couple of students volunteered (including me) to go to the Elderly Daycare, where you talk to the elders, share some things that you did, ask them about their day. Just basically having a conversation with the elders.

Last week, I talked to grannies that I talked the last time I went there. They told me about their day and what they did for the past few weeks. I feel calm around elder people because when I see them, I remember my grandparents and great-grandparent, it makes me wonder how they're doing back in my hometown.

Talking to elders are so different when talking to other teenagers like me, some teenagers talk about social media, their crushes, girl-dramas, sport. With elders, on the other hand, they talked about so much stuff that hardly teenagers does. I can understand since there's a huge age gap and the generation and society is different now from way back then. I had a lot of fun talking to the elders and it's really nice to talk with them about stuff. I would want to go back but I have a lot of catching up to do so maybe I'll go next time

2 comments:

  1. Hi Skyler
    This looks very interesting and looks like you l enjoyed doing it.
    I like howyou told us heaps of information about the day and where you went.
    Next time could you add some images.
    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kumusta Skyler,

    I really like how you explain every thing that you did in the Elderly Center, I like how you add some things and information in your blog post and some other things. Keep up the good work and I hope you really have fun going to the center.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about