Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Night Vision By Ella West - Book Review

Impression about the front cover of the book: It’s something dark, I think that it’s about a girl who’s running away from dark forces.


The blurb on the back, does it interests me or not? It interests me because I don’t think that I've seen or read a book like Night Vision before, it sounds interesting because Viola’s on the run, she has to survive in order to keep their family’s beloved farm.  And it also says that she uses a night vision goggles which is even better and more exciting. 

I read a page and what I find really interesting is that she encountered something that she shouldn't have seen, a crime scene, it’s also interesting and intriguing because she was wearing a night vision goggles that are really impossible to buy and she doesn’t know where and how her parents got it for her as a birthday present.

My predictions before reading - I predicted the book will be about a girl who encountered a crime scene with her night vision goggles (a goggle that is impossible to buy, a goggle that her parents got for her birthday) and that she is a witness.

The theme: Even keeping quiet can get you in trouble, Viola could’ve told the police about what the killer did because she’s a witness but her family and having a peaceful life will be at stake. But when she did keep quiet it, it’d still be the same, what the killer did would bug her, since no one knows what actually happen - George can still kill her without anyone knowing because no one knows that Viola saw him and that she knows everything that had happened, no one knows. That it’s better to stay away from trouble.

My ranking, why I gave it that ranking and what could be improved

I give the book a 3 out of 5 

The way she wrote the book was great but there were a lot of questions that have not been answered yet and it’s kind of a bummer because it leaves you hanging and the ending was not I expected it to be, there were a lot of intense events especially with the ending part, but then something unexpected happened and the ending wasn’t really my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about