Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tangaroa - Game

We've been working on our game for the past few weeks, the game has to be about an environmental issue that links to our Kaitiaki. We were taught how to code first them making a game, we have three resources we can choose from such as Gamefroot, Scratch, and Applab. I chose Tangaroa as my Kaitiaki, I chose water pollution and habitat destruction as an environmental issue that is linked to my Kaitiaki.

Game link and sources

Gamefroot: Click

Scratch: Click

I made two just in case the other one doesn't work, one from Scratch and one from GameFront

Reflection:

I learnt how to challenge myself by trying different type of sites to make my game from, it was hard at first because I haven't used those sites before and I'm new. It was also hard because there is a lot of stuff you need to understand.

I need to work on my plan more for my game because my game did not really turn out the way I want it to look like but I fixed it right away, there were a few changes. I'm not that pleased with my game but I'm proud because I got to learn how to make a game and made one myself.

I made a lot of mistakes such as using the wrong templates and making mistakes is okay because it taughts you lessons to improve on your skill and ability, it's part of growing up and developing a growth mindset.

I learnt how to make a game, to do coding. I've also realised that it takes a lot of time and hard work to make a game. I thought that making a game is easy but I thought wrong. We should learn how to appreciate a game because the maker takes a lot of time making it just to make money and to show their creativity to people, to earn recognition.

What I worked hard today is finishing my game on time, planning my game and making my game. It took me a lot of time, effort and hard work to make my game.

I enjoyed making a game because I now know how to make a game, it's also fun because we get to try out different templates and we even get to play or try out our game and our friend's game. These experiences might even help me in the future and I can teach people how to make a game and pass it on. It taught me how to make the right decisions by making mistakes and learning from them.

Which one do you think is better to use? Scratch or Gamefroot?

If you were to make a game, what will your game be about and what will it teach people?

What would you like to say about my game?

What do you think I can improve on?

Would you want to make a game?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about