Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Present

W.A.L.T:  Write a narrative


Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….

  • The title is suitable for the text.
  • The orientation tells who the story is about, and when and where the story happened.
  • The complication describes a problem and explains what happened next.
  • The resolution explains how the problem was solved.
  • Seeks feedback and makes changes to texts to improve clarity and meaning.

In AkoNgatahi we had to write a narrative about a video. It was about a boy opening a present that was a dog with three legs. Here is the video of the present. I hope you enjoy my story.



“THE MOST AWESOME PRESENT IN THE WORLD”
It was Saturday morning, I just finished eating my food then I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and to take a bath. My room was really dark and scary like the in͎side of a haunted house, my mum was holding a box and open the door she told me to open it. I was really confused like my mind is going to blow up, I was really curious to open it, “Here’s the time I open it”. I opened the box and a dog popped out, I was like “Awesome”  I check his feet and became mad to my mum,I threw him on the ground because I thought we wasn’t able to play with me, I remove the box on my way and I continued playing with my
Video games while the dog wants to get my attention by being cute, clumsy, playful, silly and funny.I was forcing myself not to laugh and smile. The dog saw a ball and he wants to get, the dog push the ball to me because he wants me to play catch with him then I realized he just want to play with me because he was bored and alone. I gave him a chance to play with him so I turn off my Xbox generator and the dog and I went outside and I told my mum, “Mum, we’ll be outside”.
                            
“THE END”

2 comments:

  1. Hi Skyler I like how you work on your story ,How long did it take you to write? by the way I like it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Skyler,
    Your story is quite good, I liked the part where you described the puppy, that it was really cute. You had many good parts but also many bad parts. You were missing many punctuation and you were missing some words too, like when you said I remove the box on my way and I continued. Did you proof read it?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about