Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

Music: Performing Arts Activities (Lockdown)

These are 15 musicians that paved the way in their genres. Many of our contemporary musicians have been inspired by at least one of these artists!



Listening Task


1. Listen to one song from each artist and put the song down that you listened to.


The Beatles

Across The Universe


Ella Fitzgerald 

Cheek to Cheek


Louis Armstrong

La vie en rose


Dolly Parton

Here You Come Again


Johnny Cash

Folsom Prison Blues



Joni Mitchell

A case of you


Frank Sinatra

Fly me to the moon


Ray Charles

I got a woman


John Denver

Leaving on a jet plane


Aretha Franklin

You make me feel like


The Beach Boys

Don't worry baby



Elvis Presley

Can't help falling in love


John William

Duel of the fates



Yo-Yo Ma

Bach: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, Prélude



The Three Tenors

Nessun Dorma



2. Is there any of them you would listen to more of? There were some songs I like and some are okay for me. Some of these songs I'm familiar with, so I listen to them more but some I just discovered from this activity and surprisingly, I did like some of them. I'm mostly interested with Louis Armstrong because of his song "La Vie En Rose" and John Denver's "Leaving on a Jet Plane", because I've heard covers of these songs but never really listened to the original song.


3. Find a favourite song from one of the artists.

I do have favourites within the songs I put down. It was really difficult for me to choose which beautiful song to pick but I've made up my mind. La Vie En Rose by Louis Armsrong is my top 1 in the list because it's just a wonderful song, it's relaxing and really changes your mood in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about